Bicycle access in the metro network
1. Only one bicycle, at the most, will be permitted per passenger.
2. Passengers taking a bicycle with them shall be responsible for its safekeeping and care, making sure in their movements not to cause injuries or nuisance to other users and/or harm or damage to the underground railway installations and rolling stock. They shall be liable for any harm or damage caused with it.
3. Journeys on the train shall be made with a maximum of two bicycles placed in the front car and two bicycles in the rear car, adjacent in both cases to the driving cabs. On trains provided with special spaces set aside for bicycles, they must be placed in these spaces.
4. Passengers taking a bicycle with them will be able to carry it on the escalators, rolling walkways and in lifts, providing that their level of occupancy so permits and that they do not cause inconvenience to other users.
5. Riding the bicycle in the installations (corridors, platforms, etc.) is strictly forbidden.
6. In any case, Metro will be able to restrict access with bicycles when they may interfere with the normal working of the service and, specifically, when particular circumstances arise that may cause this to be considered advisable, such as crowding, breakdowns or other operating incidents that impair transit and mobility within the installations.
7. In any case, Metro de Madrid may limit access with bicycles when they may impair the normal operation of the service and, specifically, when there are particular circumstances that, to its discretion, make this advisable, such as crowds, breakdowns or other incidents that hinder traffic and mobility within the facilities.
8. Bicycle parking: Passengers will be allowed to park bicycles at stations with spaces specifically designated for this purpose. Its use shall be on a first-come, first-served basis and shall be subject to compliance with the terms established by the operator.
Lastly, we point out that for purposes of their conveyance, children’s and bicycles that are folded will be considered as items of hand luggage and governed by the specific rules for these as laid down in Article 2, paragraph b) of the Metro Madrid Passenger Regulations.